Seattle Drowning Accident Attorney
Was your loved one in a drowning accident?
If your loved one was seriously injured or killed in a drowning accident, we urge you to contact Ward Smith, PLLC for help. With over 50 years of combined experience and with one of our attorneys being selected for inclusion in
Washington's Super Lawyers®, you can be confident that your claim is in very good hands.
Why Ward Smith, PLLC should be your first call:
- We offer FREE case evaluations.
- We are a no recovery, no fee law firm.
- One of our attorneys is rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo.
Near drownings and drownings are not to be taken lightly, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that drowning is the second leading cause of injury-related death among children under the age of 15.
Drowning is the 4th leading cause of accidental death in the United States, claiming 4,000 lives each year. (National Safety Council)
Drowning facts reported by the National Safety Council:
- Every year, 5000 children under 14 are hospitalized for near drowning accidents. Of these, up to 20% suffer from severe permanent disabilities.
- The health care costs for each near drowning event range from $75,000 for an emergency room visit to $180,000 per year for long-term care.
- Over 90% of parents who lose a child to a drowning get a divorce.
- For every child who drowns, four are hospitalized for a near drowning. (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- In 10 states including California, Oregon, and Washington, drowning surpasses all other causes of death to children age 14 and under. Nearly all who require CPR either die or are left with a severe brain injury. (CDC) (Orange County, CA, Fire Authority)
Call Today for Quality Legal Representation
Drownings and near drownings are especially bothersome because they are preventable accidents. If your loved one was injured or killed in a drowning accident on public or private property, we urge you to contact a Seattle personal injury attorney from Ward Smith, PLLC.
Drowning accidents are a type of premises liability claim whereby property owners are held liable for injuries sustained on their properties. Whether your loved one drowned at a private residence, in an apartment pool, at a hotel, at a gym, or another public facility, you may have grounds to file a lawsuit that would reimburse you for your losses.
To learn more about our services and how we can help you, contact our office
today to schedule your free case evaluation!